Each year all the families of the Down Syndrome Connection of Northwest Arkansas (DSCNWA) gather their family and friends, to take part in a wonderful awareness walk. This event is the main fundraiser for DSCNWA, and it enables us to continue to grow the programs and services that we offer to our local families. Money raised makes new parent baskets, allows us to have an office and phone number, pays our program coordinator so that we can have 4 programs a month targeting skills and interests of specific age groups instead of 1 activity a month that often only applies to one age group. And we are striving to do even more---- a new parent magazine filled with resources and stories, medical checklists and about early intervention and funding- everything you need to know when you get a diagnosis, reaching out to better help medical professionals deliver a Down syndrome diagnosis, and would love to look at how we can help educators.
Considering the unique situation with covid19, we want to keep our member families safe and are turning our walk into a week of amazing virtual activities for your friends and families! With each person's registration, not only will you get a Down Syndrome Connection T-shirt, you will receive access codes via email for the following events:
- Monday - Join the Disney princesses for a fun sing-along!
- Tuesday - Let's play some BINGO!
- Wednesday - Participate in a fun-filled scavenger hunt around northwest Arkansas!
- Thursday - Learn from a couple DS experts regarding highly pertinent topics!
- Friday - Laugh with a professional comedian!
- Saturday - IN PERSON socially-distanced parade from your car at Arvest Stadium!
Thanks for supporting Down Syndrome Connection!
- Start:October 24, 2020 Time: 12:00 AM
- End:October 24, 2020 Time: 11:59 PM
- Where:postal code 72762, United States, Springdale, Arkansas, United States, 72762
- Event Type: Education, Family, Sports & Recreation
- Ticket Price:N/A